Things I learned on a floating/ trudging/ swiiming adventure down the Oconto River...
1. There is an Oconto River.
2. It runs through Pulcifer.
3. It likes to eat blow up rafts.
4. A three hour floating trip will take four and a half hours when the last quarter is walked/ trudged/ swam.
5. Crayfish larger than three inches long wil attack people when disturbed.
6. Beer does NOT function as sunscreen.
7. Always carry spare rafts if the average popping rate is two /trip and there are only two people on the trip.
8. Heidi floats faster than me without a raft (but I float faster with one).
9. I am a compulsive time checker( i found this out after my time-telling device stopped working)
10. I don't like things touching me while I am in water (any water).
11.I still don't know if I know how to tread water.
12. I am more than happy to get dressed in a Wal-Mart parking lot so I can run in and buy a new pair of shoes rather than driving all the way home to get the forgotten pair (to be fair I needed new barn boots anyways, never mind the brand new pair sitting at home).
13. After trudging for a mile and a half over slick, loose rocks, suddenly looming boulders (okay, so not LOOMING, those we saw in Arizona, but unexpected boulders), and uneven terrain, I PANIC easily...
14. BUT I recognize it for what is is and talk myself down.
15. I will apparently follow Heidi to my doom some day (as she chases down her escaping beer [ that stuff cost her money! Can't let it just go away]).
Happy fourth of July! Don't have any misadventures without me!