Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Stealing ideas from Mari and Tami

My friends posted something called a Dirty Dozen TV blogfest thingy and since I pretty much follow them around I figure I may as well too. Except I have no idea what a blogfest is. But I won't let that stop me from listing my ten favorite tv shows, the ones that I veg out in front of instead of writing or painting or *cough*cleaning-my-house*cough*.

In no particular order...


1.Burn Notice
Michael Weston is a super-hot burned spy and he runs around Miami blowing stuff up. It's super awesome.










2.N.C.I.S
I wouldn't mind being arrested by Special agent Gibbs, or very-special agent Anthony DiNozzo. Oddly enough, I was reading fanfic for this show long before I had ever seen it on tv, but now I am hooked on it, unfortunately it airs while I am at work so I'm always a season behind watching it on USA instead of on CBS.


3. Star Trek Voyager

I used to hurry home from work so I could get the goats all milked and be back in the house by 9:00pm so I could watch this show. And I would ignore all calls to dinner and the cursing of my family while it was on.

4. Doctor Who
I found Doctor Who on PBS late one Saturday night while my husband was at work and was sucked in right away. It took a while for me to realize how far behind I was while watching the first season of the new series over and over again on PBS but then I went and found the next three seasons on the internet. That was the first time I had ever made an effort to watch something online, and the only time since, too, come to think of it.



5.Torchwood If you must know, I have a thing for SciFi, and Torchwood is a spin off of Dr Who, the Best SciFi show there is(IMHO). And a Thing for Captain Jack, the good Captain Jack, not that effeminate Pirate.




6.Total Drama World Tour
Yes, it's a cartoon. on cartoon Network. But it rocks. I love the humor and all the drama.

7. Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman I once watched this show all the time, back when there was a channel called PAX. My sisters made fun of me for it, but I liked Sully and really wanted him to get together the the lady.


8.Futurama keeps me up too late at night laughing. They should put it on a little earlier on comedy central so I can get to bed earlier.

9.Psych I like this show mainly because of it's goofy humor and the improbable crime solving that goes on.

10.Animaniacs
My favorite show as a kid was Animaniacs. Imagine my delight to find them on tv one morning. Unfortunately it must have been a one time deal since i haven't seen them in a while.

(apparently it's a blog-hop ....sooo... a listy of sorts should appear here?)

10 comments:

  1. I remember Dr. Quinn. They finally did get together at the end. I'm not sure what a blog hop is, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Cool that you are participating, Maria :)

    I share your love for Futurama, and I've come to realize I need to check out Burn Notice. Dr. Who, on the other hand, I've only ever seen one episode, and I didn't much like it. I don't know why. I know I should. But I didn't. Maybe I need to give it a second chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burn Notice and Star Trek! Great choices. Thanks for participating in my blogfest. You were the last one to join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. psych!!!!!
    and ANIMANIACS!!!
    and my kids love those total drama shows!
    fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *giggles* I'd suggest maybe you aim higher with your role models, but I want to encourage any minions we can muster, and blogfests can be a pretty good time...

    I've added Burn Notice, Torchwood and Psych to my 'check 'em out' list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burn Notice is number 1! Can't wait until November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by! Dr. Quinn was awesome and I'm glad I remembered to put it on the list. It was so long ago that i don't even remember how it ended.

    Hey Mari! Maybe you just caught an off episode? There is the occasional Dr. Who that don't quite do it for me, but they are rare.

    Alex: Thanks for hosting the blog hop. I noticed the list shut down right after I hopped on and was scared that I wasn't supposed to be climbing on and you were trying to keep other miscreants away. I'm not sure about the etiquette for such things in the blogosphere.

    aspiring x: Thanks for the comment! Your kids have good taste in shows as do you!

    Now Tami, why would I want to aim higher with my role models? You guys do so much fun stuff and I wouldn't want to miss out because I was looking up to someone boring or dressed.

    I would definitely recommend these shows. Torchwood only has two 'official' seasons, the third one is a mini-series. There is a fourth in the works, but it is going to be done differently and aired in the US primarily. Or so I heard by stalking John Barrowman.

    Hi Gregg! Go Burn Notice! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your list -- particularly Dr Who. Such a winner :)
    Lyn
    W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice list i love the mix and most of these shows are either hilarious or intense which is all i watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked forward to Voyager every week. I thought it was the best of the Treks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Fun!