Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Miscellaneous Weekends- The Husband Animal

Okay, so I messed up and posted the stuff I had scheduled for this weekend already. It wasn't my fault really, Joy came over and was telling me all the stuff I had missed, so in my haste to make sure my chickens were included, I crammed them in the first weekend, reducing the sheep to one post, and losing a whole weekend of critters.

So now I have a lack of beasts, but considering the fact that he is incredibly furry most of the time, my husband will have to stand in for the misplaced poultry.

In many ways, my dearly beloved is very much like a wild animal, and in other instances, like a tame house pet. For example: he is at one with nature (notice how he fishes in the photos below) spending more time out-doors than in, but he is potty trained.

Like the lovable squirrel, he likes to hoard food, and stocks up whenever he is at the store. (for example, at this moment there are five gallons of milk in the refrigerator, one of which he bought tonight[last night, whatever] despite the four gallons already there.)

Like the majestic lion, he is reluctant to get wet while fishing (do lions fish?).



On the other hand, we have the lovable house cat who likes to be petted, and purrs when his beard is scratched.

Like a cuddly puppy, he tends to drool in his sleep. (Just yesterday we had a conversation [that I won't go into the beginning of] that ended with "bah, that don't matter, it matches the drool on the pillow!"[Disgusting:Yes, and it wasn't even his pillow.])

Despite his more beast like qualities, he is still man, and therefor obsessed with fire, very much like his primitive ancestors (which he vehemently denies[though I doubt he knows the word vehemently] existed.). 

Remind me to do a post on all of the conversation I've had with him sometime. They are downright bizarre.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting... I also have a furry husband who hordes food (and dishsoap. And laundry detergent). I wonder if there's a furriness-hording genetic link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Mine totally hoards the dish soap and laundry detergent too!
    It must be a genetic thing, or else men really like to wash stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the most hilarious post. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Fun!