Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo and other Writerly stuff

First off, YAY! I made it through the whole month of NaBloWriMo and blogged every day of October, aren't I cool?! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I sometimes did.

Second off, NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow and I am participating again this year, I'm hopelessmoo over there, add me as your buddy if you choose.
But I am doing things different this time, and avoiding all the pressures of trying to do a whole novel in one month by simply FINISHING last years novel. You all remember that book deadline countdown over there, at the right hand top of the sidebar? Yeah, that is counting down for this book, which I started many years ago on bits of paper in my pocket, and then a notebook in my pocket, and then I started putting it down on a legal pad, and that's when Joy found it and took it upon herself to motivate me and gave me the deadline.

And lastly, a few things I learned from reading that I can (hopefully) apply to my own writing:

1) Know what kind of character your character is. Good guys tend to be good, bad guys are bad. I was reading The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan, and straightaway the main character has a thought that stuck with me:  
 "He might not remember Piper, or even who he was, but he knew he hated mean kids."
2) Actually, that is it, I can't quite remember what else I had to say on the topic. I got distracted watching the movie Hot Fuzz on comedy central. It is freaking HILARIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Fun!