Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today's Tuesdays - Goats

Today I have to break form slightly since I don't currently have any goats, and my parents sent the last two on their way a month or so ago. The only contact I have with them is through my memories of them as the inspire some paintings.

So Today  I am going to share with you something I have not written, but that which my sister did after her favorite goat died. This is Patty's obituary.
***
Patty Goat
March 14, 2000- August 20, 2008

Patty was put down this morning due to old age, arthritis, and being unable to stand up on her own.

Although Patty's conception was a complete accident when the Sannan Buck escaped, she turned out to be one of the greatest goats I ever knew.

Patty was born as a quadruplet, the daughter of Foggy and Cookie one cold day in March 8 years ago. Being that Cookie wasn't feeling particularly motherly Patty and her sisters were moved into the house where they were bottle fed. This bottle feeding is what led to Patty's over friendliness and wonderful personality. She also tended to pee on people when being held, earning her the nickname Pissing Patty.

Over the next few years Patty's popularity grew in the New London FFA and the county of Waupaca through her various appearances at Petting Zoo's, the Waupaca County Fair, and Wisconsin State fair.

Those who loved Patty will miss her dearly. She was a wonderful goat and friend.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Just like an excitable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moving.

    Have a nice day, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty was very much like a puppy, right down to the tail wagging as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Fun!