Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Painting during blizzards

Long time no post! I have been super busy as of late, mostly with freezing my buns off at work. I have three half started posts from November to get to yet, and didn't actually get very far on NaNoWriMo, but I did get an Alphasmart to make typing easier/ less distracting.

We are in the middle of a blizzard here in Northeast Wisconsin, and I have the day off because I was supposed to go to my friend's house to have a bake-a-thon, but the roads suck, so here I am at home in the mood to paint things.

So here he is, a gnome resting under the moon.

It's done on an 8X10 canvas board in acrylics. The colors scanned a bit brighter than they are, but I don't feel the need to adjust them at this time. I have snow to shovel.

5 comments:

  1. YAY for painting in blizzards!!!

    I'm glad you get an unexpected day off. Like your resting gnome! We are getting your blizzard remnants and I want nothing more than for it to continue for a good foot or so so I can justify staying home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow to shovel? Won't gnomebody elf you?
    I love the painting and this post. And it's nice to see you back blogging again.

    Have a nice day, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out to only be a half a day off, since i went in at my normal time for evening chores, but a good day nonetheless.

    Sorry you got the rest of our storm Tami, you can just go ahead and pass it on to the rest of the great lakes states.

    Our snowblower broke down, so Hubbers paid a guy to plow us out, but my truck was still buried in the snow, but fortunately that was only 20 inches or so, in a 2 foot circle around it. *eyeroll*

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the painting immediately reminded me of Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent it off to her with a christmas card becuase she told mom that she wanted it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Fun!