Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hiccups

Pardon the hiccup. I had all day to post about h, but I slacked, and then I went to do evening chores and we had a ridiculous time finishing chores due to a bunch of hiccups with a new calf. The calf wasn't even supposed to be born yet according to the records we received from the heifer raiser so the mother was still with the dry cows, which of course led to her not having steamed up properly, and lacking in milk. Then  we were out of the back up supply of colostrum, and after we got some, the calf didn't want to eat it. Huh. Little jerk.

Then there were the feed hiccups, and an hour spent repairing, and then re-repairing the cable to the feed bunk. Yup. lots of hiccups tonight.

See you Monday!

4 comments:

  1. That's a novel subject. I find your post delightful and I'll return. I'm drawn to the rural life as that is where I grew up.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute calf! I found you through the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manzanita- A duck? A duck would be delightful!

    Sylvia- Thanks for stopping by! That is Caramel Nut Fudge. He was a fun little calf when he was around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live on a farm (wheat ranch) too. I like finding fellow farmer/ranchers. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Fun!